RSV

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Our sweet Payton has RSV. It's a respiratory virus that is really contagious. Her poor little cough sounds like she's been smoking since she was a newborn. ;) I took her to the Dr. on Friday and they tested her positive for RSV and for an ear infection. Her oxygen levels were also low. She is on an antibiotic and a breathing treatment. It is so sad to hold our 10 month old down to put a little mask on her. We go back to the Dr. on Monday to get check out again. She is a strong little girl. At times she just smiles at us and it makes us tear right up. Other times she just wants to be in our arms.  It's tough being a parent sometimes. We'll keep you updated. 




3 comments:

erin said...

Oh no!!!! That's not fun for anyone, I'm sure. Hope she feels better soon!! Let me know if you need anything for Monday at school.

Anjie said...

I hope she feels better soon and that you are getting some rest!!! I will be keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers.

Sarah Thompson said...

Poor Payton! This is so sad! I hope she gets better really fast!