summer+paytie+me=SAHM

Wednesday, June 16, 2010



it's official...i am a stay-at-home-mom!!!!!!

not just because of summer but because i resigned from teaching.

this is a bitter-sweet time for me. i am looking forward to being with my girl and growing our fam, but i will miss life as a teacher. teaching has it's ups and downs, but actually teaching children is a blessing. i know moms out there do it every day, but it's a bit different when there are 20-8 year olds and their not yours. i will miss teaching in front of the class, listening to them read aloud, watching their faces light up when they figure out the right answer, helping them, the much needed convos with erin and the team, pto potlucks, recess, seeing past students in the hall, dropping in leann's office to lay on her couch and chit-chat......the list could go on & on.......


thank you to my parents for providing me the education and for northwest elementary for believing in a substitute. (i subbed for a year before i got the job)

and thank you to jordan for making it possible for me to be a sahm.


don't worry NES, i'll be visiting!

this is my small collection of teaching supplies. when i say small, that is
the truth compared to others. teaching is a career that you "collect" things
and it is very hard to part with things b/c you never know if you will switch grades
or need something down the road....now it is all in my garage, oh boy!

i was cleaning out my room in this pic
* my principal crowned me mrs. martha stewart and gave me a
martha magazine :)

2 comments:

erin said...

I WILL MISS YOU SO MUCH NEXT YEAR!!!! It goes without saying, though... we'll see each other outside of school as much as possible! :)

Ashley said...

i will miss you too, erin! now you and em will be chatting in the hall.