pearly

Monday, February 7, 2011

after much consideration we decided to give pearl to a new home.
with the baby coming and pearl still not having a good grasp on potty training and darts out the door if ever left opened, we came to craigslist.

i've been putting it off for about a week. i talked with payton about pearl going to a new home and she looked at me with a confused look and asked, "why pearl have to go to a new home?"

today i put an add on craigslist and within 20 minutes i had about 6 serious calls on her. i had 2 people on their way to meet her and when the first person bought her i called back the other one.
she went to a really good home. it is an older couple that wanted a pal for their little 4 pound pom mix. pearl and her got along great and off pearl went to her new home.

payton on the other hand was screaming, "don't take my pearly!" it was awful. i was trying to hide my tears and instead we jumped in the car to go see daddy at work (we picked up a cherry lime aid on the way) i tried to help her understand that pearl needs a friend to play with and that mommy will need your help when the baby comes.

on the way there i had to get gas in my car and payton asked why and i told her gas is like food for my car. she said, "oh...like pearl need food and treats" i said yes baby, you're right.
she also asked when is the man going to bring back pearl. :(

this is tough...they were buddies and i feel really bad, but i know she is 2 and she will bounce back.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Ashley~ You're stronger than me. I tried to give Opal away multiple times when she was a puppy and I always wimped out. Hope she cheers up quick!

Kelly said...

I'm so sorry, I know this pain. We had to give our little dog to a new home when you found out we were moving to Texas. The kids still ask when she will get to come back :( Hang in there!!!