happy father's day

Sunday, June 19, 2011


we love you daddy!
you are the best!
we love...when you get home from work, swinging with you, having tea time, sharing ice cream, story time, and laughing with you!


today was a nice relaxing day...
church, lunch with the fam, nap time, dinner, bedtime.

but more detail of the morning.....when i picked up payton from sunday school she couldn't wait to give daddy a card she made for him. she loves to see him after he plays the drums in service. she is very comfortable around a stage(not sure where she gets that from) when i told her to go see daddy i didn't realize 2nd service was not over yet!!!! she flew open the doors to the gym and ran up on stage yelling DADDY!!! while pastor keith was closing the service!!!! oh wow! i ran down the center aisle with evie in my sling and my hand over my mouth, shaking my head "i'm so sorry"
everyone said "oh, how cute, and on father's day"....it would've been cuter to me if it wasn't my child interrupting church.

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Ashley, it was SO CUTE! :) We could all tell that is a VERY LOVED daddy! I don't think anyone minded...there were a lot of smiles in the room!

Sarah Thompson said...

Love their matching outfits!

Laura said...

LOL- I didn't hear that story! too funny....that is great...don't think that has ever happened...way to go, Paytie!