Monday, October 12, 2009


so, i'm going to try a new tradition for my little blog. my dear friend sarah has been telling her deep personal/mother stories that most people don't dare share, especially on the internet for months now. but what the heck lets be honest we are not perfect as women or mothers. enjoy reading my "not me" thoughts. (based on mckmama's blog)

it was NOT me who dressed up my daughter like she was a baby doll just to go on a walk around the block...i'm just too excited to bust out her winter clothes.

it's NOT me who has a hard time letting go control of what my husband packs for paytie to wear at my moms(daycare)

it's NOT me who forgot to tell my mom when she babysat saturday night that paytie didn't have dinner and she thought she did. awww

it's NOT me who threatened a week of recess from one of my students if they made fun of another student for having lice.

it's NOT me who played hooky from church and stayed home to make yummy potato soup and snuggle up with my fam.

it was NOT me who is scared to open the veggie drawer in the fridge to find the 2.5 week old squash

it was NOT me who missed her sister after the 1st day while she was in colorado for the weekend

it's NOT me who forgets to brush patyie's teeth sometimes


*there's my 1st attempt...stay tuned for next weeks

3 comments:

The Blanton Bunch said...

love it. I missed you too, we are pitiful.

Sarah Thompson said...

haha! don't you love confessing? its so liberating! sometimes i forget to brush oli's teeth too!

Amy said...

Ashley I love it!!! ....I think we should all be more bold to be so honest!! It makes us as mommy's realate better and realize no one is perfect! Keep it up...I may join you :)