index finger- get ready.....

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

get set, SPRAY PAINT!

i have been a busy girl painting, painting, painting!

here are payties new/old pieces of furniture that will be in her BGR
(big girl room)

check out this rad 1940's wardrobe i bought on craigslist for $65.
it has original labels on the shelves that say socks, shirts, underwear, and pajamas

a metal side table that will be next to her bed that my neighbor put to the curb. *FREE*
don't worry about me painting, i wear a scary gas mask that patrick let me borrow.
i bet it was a little disturbing for my neighbors to see me pregnant, spray painting in my front yard with a gas mask on. (spray paint fumes go all over the place...pic to follow)

there is also another dresser that is not pictured that i got for FREE from the same neighbor.
there is not a closet in her new room, so we needed to have enough furniture for her stuff.
and her bed was basically FREE bc we bought it 4 years ago as a guest bed and it's been in the garage for 3 years.


all to be transformed in to the happy colors that are in payties new bedding!
every single color will be represented, too!!!!
so far i have the wardrobe, bed frame, & side table spray painted.
the bed is my favorite(it's the deep pinkish tone in the bedding)
the bedroom walls have 2 coats of paint and i think i need to tone down the sunshine yellow
with a 3rd coat of not so sunny sunshine. jord and i have also been painting the original wains coating white. it takes a lot long than we hoped.
but her room will be nothing shy of dull! we are even painting the floors!
i can't wait to show you more pics.

3 comments:

Sarah Thompson said...

It's going to look great! My advice on the spray painting is to not buy the cheap kind because it is a finger killer. I learned that the hard way unfortunately and it took my finger a few days to recover. Now I shell out $3 bucks a can for fear that I will never use my finger again. Happy painting!

Ashley said...

true dat! fortunately all my spray painting is finished(last week)i love the krylon brand and color choice. you've done your share of painting.

Katie said...

I love spray painting furniture! I bought the handle that snaps on top of a spray can, you just pull the handle back. It helped save my index finger and forearm :) It's super cheap too!
Btw...can't believe you got all the furniture so cheap, jealous!!