did you know...

Monday, January 3, 2011


everyone always says each pregnancy is different...they're right!
since november i have been getting really bad leg pains behind my knees and a couple weeks ago a friend asked me if i had varicose veins (i hadn't checked in a couple of weeks) and to my surprise they popped up over night it seemed. my fair skin is showing the results that i will have forever(unless i get laser removal)

for now i am in pain and i needed some support and i ordered these black leggings. i thought they were so much better than the full "compression stockings" as they call them. they are sooooo unattractive! but i thought these were a much better choice and it helped to see a cute pregnant lady in heels wearing them. plus it's like wearing spanks all the time, nice to feel a little less plumpy when you're preggers.


FYI- NEVER google varicose veins and click the "image" button. i gasped and teared up!
mine are not bulging out like the pic, but i have small purple veins.


**update**i just got them in the mail today and i had to laugh at myself while i was putting them on. oh, wow, 4 months of wearing these everyday! lol

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Ashley, I think the "leggings" are cute and if anyone can pull them off, it's you!
When Zachary was about 2 or 3 years old, I was laying on the couch in just a t-shirt and underwear. He came up and asked why I had written on myself. He was talking about the vericose veins on my thighs!

Kelly said...

Hey Ash - I got them really bad when i was pregnant with the twins. I had to wear the cute support hose as well ... but mine all went away with in a week after having the babies. So there is hope and I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Just remember to keep your feet up as much as possible.